The Arrinera Hussarya GT took part in the Michelin Supercar Run, a traditional component of the Goodwood Festival of Speed, among the world’s most exciting cars contesting the famous hillclimb twice a day.
In 1940, during the Battle of Britain, the RAF fighter force faced the onslaught of the Luftwaffe. Among those who fought bravely to repel the invaders were two Polish fighter squadrons, 302 and 303, staffed by experienced veterans of the 1939 campaign in Poland and the defence of France earlier in 1940. The Poles quickly learned how to best use Hawker Hurricanes to their advantage, and contributed greatly to the success of Winston Churchill’s “The Few”, In November, 1940, 302 Sq. (Polish) was transferred to RAF Westhampnett, which is now known as… Goodwood Aerodrome.
The Poles are back at Goodwood. This time their weapon is a prototype of the Arrinera Hussarya GT supercar, the first Polish car to ever spin its tyres on the famous Goodwood Hillclimb tarmac. The car has a carbon fiber body wrapped around a tubular spaceframe/rollcage, meticulously built from British BS4 T45 seamless steel tubing used in the structures of the Hurricanes and Spitfires flown during WWII by Polish pilots. The same type of steel is extremely popular in the motorsport community.
The exterior of the Arrinera Hussarya GT wears a light-blue colour for Goodwood, reminiscent of the hue of the photo-reconnaissance Spitfires, which, unarmed, flew higher and faster than regular variants of Reginald Mitchell’s magnificent creation.
The Polish fighting spirit is symbolized on the Arrinera by white and red hussarya pennants, and by the white and red checkerboard insignia of the Polish Air Force, utilized since 1920.